Wednesday, October 21, 2009

IVP 2009

I have an intercultural comms exam worth 40% in 10 hours. I'm quite worried. BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PREPARE FOR IT!

Sigh sigh sigh its more of an case study type of exam that requires insights more than textbook knowledge. Hope I have lots of brain juice tomorrow. Shall do those finger twirling exercises I learnt from my primary school "Creativity" class. Apparently moving your fingers in circles helps boost your brain capacity. (???) The things parents buy into to help their kids excel huh? Maybe by the time I have kids we'll be sending them for brain transplants. Raffles brains- on sale now!!

K anyway I'm digressing and wasting time!!! Study study study!!! In 5 minutes. Going to blog about IVP first haha.

Ok.

So,

IVP was on Sunday and I'm very glad it's over despite only competing in one event. It's the expectation of the omg-I-am-dying-please-deliver-me-from-evil-now feeling when youre completing your last 100m of the 400. The sad part is there's no more trainings so no more cheng tngs and funny tuesday/thursday nights :(

Lots of fun events were on Sunday. Events included the relays

Photobucket

Photobucket

Long jumps for yan fen and ze Photobucket

Photobucket

5k for ash Photobucket

Along with the A for Ash(!) supporters Photobucket

Hurdles Photobucket

Sprints Photobucket

Actually... um, ya, basically everything.

Thanks to our many dedicated photographers (Thanks jerald, wayne, eug!) we got lots of nice photos in progression. This one is of Jo in her 4 by 4

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And off she went.

The relays were especially fun to watch because the teams this year comprised of track gods. 4 by 4 men had Fir, Subaiash, Teck Wee and Praayank. Men with legs that come with turbo mode.

Photobucket

The awesome foursome got 2nd!! Just a second behind first. Photobucket

The awesome foursome girls got 2nd too:D Photobucket

And of course, we have our heroes who show amazing fighting spirit despite the odds

Take Teng Chuan for example. Newly joined tracker, but always giving it his all. He ran 400 hurdles but tripped on his last hurdle. Despite the bad fall he got up and kept going!! All the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Battle scars Photobucket

The rest of our battered warriors haha Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But of course after sweating it all out under the INTENSE heat...

We jump for joy at all the love and constant support between the team Photobucket

Superteam! Photobucket

And have our post competition ambushes Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course, our stuff-your-face dinner :D

Photobucket

SASHIMI:) Photobucket

(Ze caught smelling ash. again.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Competition, however, doesnt seem to end at the stadium. It just has to be brought to the dinner table too. Photobucket

Jo 3, Jerald 0. Jerald...

Photobucket

EAT!!! Photobucket

I dont know why he looks so pained though it doesnt even look gross hahaha. I guess perhaps it was because sashimi was half bitten by jo.

It certainly was a long day. But it was an experience I'll never forget. I'm really glad I decided to join track. For the trackers reading this, I love you all truly and deeply! <3

Photobucket

-Throws heart confetti around!!

Okay then, its 11pm now. Think I shall start making my way home and read my notes on the bus. Oh, I know I owe you all an update about the "Get Fit" programme that track is organizing but we haven't gone into further discussions yet! Its the post break madness. Promise once we do I'll let you all know though.

In the meantime, study hard and stay focused for the last 4 weeks of school!! Hope you all are managing ok with the projects and exam preps. It will be over before we know it.

<3 and update again soon,

Joce the Salad Tosser

No comments:

Post a Comment