Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fun food facts

Hello all,

I've finished 45 minutes of intense reading and decided to take a break before my meeting at 5pm. I realized I have a saturation level of one and a half hours. After that everything just goes...

---------------------------

Anyway, since I had time to kill I was making use of google and found these random fun food facts. I actually had a really cute/cool email that I wanted to post, but there's something wrong the pictures in my outlook. Can't seem to save them on my computer. Hmm.

Oh well, in the meantime, here are some fun food facts:

1. In France, people eat approximately 500,000,000 snails per year

2. The founder of McDonald's has a Bachelor degree in Hamburgerology

3. It Takes 3500 Calories To Make A Pound Of Fat, so as long as you're active, calories shouldn't have much of a chance turning into fat

4. The average person eats almost 1500 pounds of food a year- On average, that can be thought of as 150 pounds of meat, 290 pounds of milk and cream, 35 pounds of eggs, 48 pounds of chicken, 68 pounds of bread, 125 pounds of potatoes, and 80 pounds of fruit.

5. Peanuts are used in the manufacture of dynamite

6. Have a tomato with your burger- When a source of Vitamin C (orange, lemon, grapefruit, strawberry, tomato, potato, etc.) is eaten with meat or cooked dry beans, the body makes better use of the iron in the protein food.

7. Within 2 hours of standing in daylight, milk loses between half and two-thirds of its vitamin B content

8. You're more likely to be hungry if you're cold

9. Ice cream is Chinese food- When the famous explorer Marco Polo returned to his homeland of Italy, from China in 1295, he brought back a recipe (among other things). The recipe, was a Chinese recipe for a desert called "Milk Ice." However, Europeans substituted cream for the milk, and voila..."Ice Cream." Ice cream has been a hit ever since!

10. Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries



Hope you learnt something!:) K then gotta run to my meeting. Update soon :D

<3,

Joce the Salad Tosser

No comments:

Post a Comment